Monday, April 29, 2013

Dear Son Of Mine ~ Driving

Dear Son,

You are a driver!!!!

Simple as that! You can drive!

What a achievement!

What independence for you.

And how proud am I of you......

Very proud. Immensely proud.

This was my Silent Sunday photo this week


I had so many lovely people leave me a comment I was really amazed.

They noted the sunny day and the shadow of the tree on the ground and the nice quiet street and the fact that we were all feeling better because Spring had finally arrived and it's was warm.

All true facts and I agreed with them all but what they couldn't have possibly known was how I feel looking at that photo.

It sends me squidgy inside everytime I look at it. Every. Single. Time.

Because if you look closely you will see there is a car on the road and inside that car is you....driving your own car for the first time.

And I cannot describe how that makes me feel.

Let me try.

Like the proudest mum in the world,I had a lump in my throat when I saw you drive away and I felt so emotional.

All the memories of you as a newborn,toddler and little boy came flooding back to me.

I was totally overwhelmed.

And I still am!

Four days later when I look at that photo I still get the same overwhelming feelings of pride and happiness for you.

Well done boy of mine!

Linking up to Lucy at Dear Beautiful Boy for her fab new linky A Mama's Love



8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post. I completely relate to the feeling of emotion when watching your children achieve something. My eldest is about to turn 13 and each little 'milestone' really gets me! I can only imagine the pride you must have felt on seeing him drive away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne,thank you so much for your comment.We never stop feeling this mother love and pride do we,no matter how big these kids of ours grow!Its great being a mum,isn't it :-) X

      Delete
  2. What a great insight of your joy! Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa,I was and still am overcome with pride for that firstborn son of mine,even big kiddie winks have the ability to make us mums squidgely proud!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful post. And I think you articulated that "mother's pride" really well. It really is an overwhelming feeling.
    Well done to you son, it such a big milestone, I'm not surprised you are giddy with pride. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Lucy,thank you so much for your comment,it means a lot to me because that is the reason I blog,to capture the very essence of these boys of mine.One day when they are grown up and perhaps far away from me I want to remember what it was like to have them as youngsters ib our home.I think photos capture certain things but words can be just as powerful and my aim is to get the very feel of my boys and our life together.
      I love your new linky,Im going to pop over now to read some other Mama's Love posts x

      Delete
  4. This is lovely! Well done to your clever young man and well done clever Mummy!!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!Im still in awe of my young driver,its great to see what independence its given him,real coolio! X

      Delete