Friday, February 24, 2012

Chipmunks Reading - 5

Within a day of Chipmunk starting year two I knew I had to go and talk to his teacher about his reading.

He came home with his new reading book which was probably 6 reading levels above the ones I had been teaching him and all the keywords were back. 

So on day two I anxiously approached his teacher and asked if I could have a word about his reading. 

The teacher looked puzzled but said yes and she listened,really listened. 

She then searched through her books and found Chipmunk some reading level books that I approved off and made him his very own book box up. 

She took away most of the keywords and said lets try him with just two sets and see how he progresses. 

She actually said he had too many keywords and I wholeheartedly agreed. 

I was relieved ~ we could carry on at Chipmunks level. 

And that meant he was happy! 

See what happens to Chipmunks reading by the end of infant school in part 6. -

No comments:

Post a Comment