Thursday, August 22, 2013


Six Sentence Stories
My entry for Josies six sentence stories is this...tah dah.... dream.... 
 Dream
And it was there,the castle in the air,just as big and shiny as she had always dreamed it would be.
There was no doubt in the girls mind that this was an enchanted castle,why wouldn't it be,for it was born out of dreams and built on hope,a castle like that was bound to be magical.
All around the castle was beauty,the shimmering sea where waves lapped the sandy coves,the tall trees of a immense forest which gave people and animals a place to shelter if they needed too,a river which curved its way through the patchwork fields that surrounded the castle,it was a breathtaking view and the girl loved every bit of it.
She was also wary though,her heart told her that although she had found her castle it was only the beginning of her journey and that if she wanted to get to where her heart lay she must cross many tricky situations and places and people.
And a journey like that was fraught with danger.
There was only a slight hesitation and then the girl started to run towards the castle,the voices in her head were to strong to ignore,the castle was calling to her and she smiled as she raced up to the slowly opening castle doors

8 comments:

  1. Wonderfully creative story Jess! I could so identify with this girl, our dreams call to us, and we often have to travel thru hail and fire to reach them, but we can! It takes courage, and it takes being willing to return to the path when we get lost. Reaching our goals is always worth it. Without dreams to achieve, where would we be? What a great contribution to 6SS, I loved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie,this is my favourite daydream...the castle in the sky!If Im feeling sad or lonely I picture this castle and let my mind wander,its my safe place :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't even think of how many times as a kid I had that dream! It was so nice to revisit it thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zoe,this is my best dream!If Im feeling ouchy I need to get to that castle!It may sound mad but it works foe me :-)

      Delete
  3. My favourite song is "Both Sides Now", and this made me think of it. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Ann. I had a listen to that song after your comment,I like the Glen Campbell version,it made me smile! Ice cream castles in the air :-)

      Delete
  4. Always follow your heart to have dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia...Im pondering your words,quite seriously!

      Delete