Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Party


On a cold dark night,we got togged up warmly and went to a pumpkin carving party.

And I'm so glad we were invited and I'm so glad we made the effort to go.

There was a real mix of ages there,some people were sat in the warmth drinking tea and eating cakes and the die hards were out on the yard under makeshift floodlights carving their pumpkins in the cold.
We were in the die hard group!

Chipmunk made a brilliant job of carving his pumpkin

Chipmunks pumpkin is in the middle

And then he had the best time playing footy tag ( I do not know what that is,but judging by the excited cries it was a great game!)

I sat doing a bit of people watching and chatting to people.I had a cup of tea that made my hands toasty and tasted even better in the cold night air.

It got right past Chipmunks bedtime and still he was playing outside and for once I let him stay longer,it was nice just to see him joining in and to hear the children calling each others names.
The grown ups were happy too and the pumpkins were ace!There were flower pumpkins,a dancer carved in one and one with a cat in front of a moon.


It's safe to say a good time was had by all.

Trick and treat night tomorrow,such excitement for the children at this time of year!Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment