Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Baby
This Christmas there was a baby at our Christmas celebrations. A gorgeous little baby.

And I sat and watched as that little youngster stopped the whole house dead,all without even opening his eyes!

What is it about babies that makes everybody smile?

Is it their cuteness,their squidginess or just the miracle that a new born baby simply is.

I'm a real baby person. I love babies. I always have and I guess I always will. My mum has always said that if she ever lost me as a child I would be found at the side of a pram looking at the baby.

I still do that....look in prams. I never get tired of babies.

What I saw these past few days though really made me smile.

Apart from the gorgeous baby,I saw my mum and dad holding their first great grandchild. They looked very happy,this in turn made me happy. My mum stood rocking the baby gently to and fro and on my Tigs party day she instantly calmed the baby by snuggling him to her when all he wanted to do was rest and peacefully sleep.On Boxing Day my dad sat at the table and held the baby in his arms and instantly had three of his grandsons at his side as well. That image was pure magic. The smiles those four people gave the baby,the looks passed between them and the close body language as they all leaned in to peep closer at the sleeping bundle of sweetness were precious beyond compare.

And I saw teens holding this baby and looking at him with big smiles on their faces as his tiny finger held tightly onto their now big hands and there is nothing as tight as a babys grip is there and nothing as touching as seeing a baby holding onto someone's finger. Last Christmas I would not have imagined this scene...this Christmas the baby steals the show and everybody's hearts.

The two youngest members of our extended family smiled and talked about how sweet the baby was and were desperate to hold the baby.

And the baby....well the baby slept and slept and slept. He has his own adoring fan club,even without opening his eyes!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. Babies always create smiles, and strangers will stop and talk to you if you have a baby. Who knows why, but it is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete