Saturday, May 10, 2014

Four Days Off
A four day weekend - bliss! Two four day weeks,soon I will have forgotten what it's like to work a full week.

We have not got far at all. As usual,sport dominates the household. To people who do not like sport I cannot explain the hold sport has here,just take it from me that it does! The good bits of that is that it has kept Chips amused,the not so good bit is that we have been stuck inside and most people who know me will know how I feel about that.

Anyway there has been smiles and snippets of good. Let me dig around and find them.

The trip to the park on Friday was nice. We didn't actually get to the park much because Chips had a trip and he grazed his legs and became very upset. What do you do when you are upset and need a bit of comfort? Go to Mammas of course. And so we did. We postponed the park and went to visit my mum and dad,who conveniently live next to the park. And they did the job of smothering Chips with care,until soon the grazes didn't seem to matter quite as much. Chips ate chocolatey malteasers,drank plenty of blackcurrant pop and had a yummy slice of toast - with real butter. Mmmm. That was a treat for both of us. Chips wandered around with his trousers pulled up past his grazed knees in that funny fashion that children with grazes do. He was enthralled with next doors scamp of a cat and spent most of the morning following the rascal cat around. I sat drinking lots of tea,can't beat that,especially on what is usually a work day for me.

Thanks mum and dad for taking the cries of "I want to go home" and turning them into "Do you know Mamma has 21 sewings at her house!" When we walked out that door Chips was much happier than when we walked in it,he is lucky to have such good grandparents.

Saturdays highlight was our Morrison breakfast as after that the day deteriorated. I did smile as I watched Tigs and his girlfriend get ready to go camping for the night. It sounded fun if not somewhat cold! I love to see what adventures this couple get up too. They both work so very,very hard and it's great to watch what they do in their precious free time. It really does make me smile.

MotoGp ruled the day on Sunday. All the boys sat watching the bikes go round the track again and again and again. My mum rang Chips after each race to have the all important race analysis talk - she is affectionately known as 'race control' here and Chips chatters away to her ten to the dozen - once more I think about what I said earlier,the boys are lucky to have such good grandparents.

Later that afternoon my nephew brought his baby boy around to see us. That baby is so beautiful and such a pleasant little chap. I know I say this a lot but Im astounded at how easy going that little baby is. He is adorable. And we all think the world of him. He is six months old now and rolling over. When he lies on his tummy his little legs kick behind him and you can tell that he is getting ready to attempt to move. And he did that funny little thing where you put a baby down on the floor and then without anyone really noticing they gradually slowly move themselves until they are pointing in a different direction to where they were originally put. How clever are babies! Chips enjoyed wafting a cuddly toy near his second cousin and lots of ooos and ahhhs were had as we showed the youngest member of our extended family off to everyone.

Monday rolled around and after a hectic morning washing,sorting and generally running around like a mad thing,the afternoon was spent walking to the park. My brother and family came with us and it was good to see the children play together. Afterwards we came home and ate the enormous amount of cobs that my mum had kindly made us. We laughed at how many cobs she had made when she first produced the bag of at least ten thousand cobs ( well it seemed that way at first!) but we weren't laughing as we ravenously tucked into them and only 'one' was left over. Mother knows best,as they always say! 

And I enthralled my brother with the wonderful radio station that I had warbling away in the kitchen. It was Bank Holiday Monday,I had done a bit of radio swapping around to find something I liked and the show that was on when we brother came up,was not the show I had originally been listening to. And that's all I'm saying but I say it with a big grin on my face. It was playing a corker of a oldie ~ Billy Don't Be A Hero,yep a all time favourite of mine...maybe. And of course my brother would never judge me for having such cracking music on in my kitchen,would you bro....

Four days off....not gone far....not done anything radically amazing but family life plods on and for that Iam grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment