Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The 100 Word Challenge


The prompt for the 100 word challenge this week was this photo

and this is what I came up with

********** 

"So. What do you think?" said the little girl.

Her friend gazed over the water.

"I think" she began

"There are no handsome princes

No unicorns 

No spells or enchantments

No fairies

No pixies or elves or sprites

No witches

No pots of gold at the end of the rainbow

No mermaids 

No black cats,no broomsticks

No dragons

No fizzing sparkly wands

No treasure maps 

No castles in the sky

No potions

No imaginary friends

No happy ever afters...ever

No magic at all 

 The little girl slowly turned to her friend

"But what if"  she said  "What if......" 

**********

Linking up for the 100 Word Challenge at Julia's Place

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Sally :-) its the 'what if' that gets me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jaime,the little girl lives in hope...just...occasionally

      Delete
  3. Ah that made me sad.... until I got to the What If! Love it! I sometimes THINK that none of those things exist. But I kinda like to FEEL that they do. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky,snap you sound just like me,most of the time I think a definite no but sometimes,just 'sometimes' I have a dream :-)and I obviously have a vivid imagination!

      Delete
  4. Ah hope against hope. I can't decide if she is to be envied or pitied for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity the poor girl coz she aint ever going to have a happy ending and she knows it!But sometimes just 'sometimes' she lets her guard down and the 'what if' flits into her mind and then its put back in its place quickly coz she knows full well there are no happy ever endings in real life.

      Delete
  5. I am in awe of your creative writing, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lou that comment has right cheered me up,thanks :-)

      Delete
  6. I love the way the other little girl restored the faith at the end :). Really fiits the photo too. Thank you for linking to PoCoLo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori :-) I guess deep down the little girl does have the tiniest bit of faith left :-)

      Delete
  7. Fab love the wonder and excitement of the 'what if'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminded me of the musical "into the woods". Where what if is a powerful notion indeed. Love this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex,I havent ever heard of that musical,perhaps I should see it!Thanks for your comment,there is still a big bit of me that still wonders 'what if':-)

      Delete